How to resolve error message 'this program cannot be run remotely'
Some programs, particularly games, may give the error message 'this program cannot be run remotely' when trying to use them under SoftXpand.
Here is how you can resolve this:
Update Games definitions from here (click "open" and "yes"). Try to run the game/program again.
1. When this message pops up, do not close its window.
2. Start Task Manager, go to “Applications”. Right click the application in title, select “Go To Process”:
3. Take note of the process name, as highlighted by Task-Manager:
4. Close Task Manager and message window. Start “Regedit”.
5. Go to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\mfcore]
6. Right Click on ForceActiveConsole and select Modify
7. Click to un-select the text so it will not be deleted. Start a new line, enter the name of the process as noted in step 3.
8. Close Regedit.
9. Try running the application again. If you are successful, please let us know the process name, so we can include it in the final release.