How to manage multiple audio devices with SoftXpand Duo?
When Setting up a Multi-Seat computer using SoftXpand Duo, you can assign a dedicated audio channel to each user:
- User 1, can use the on-board sound card.
- User 2, can use a dedicated USB audio adapter (see below).
- Additional audio-devices can be applied as well: HDMI (in flat-screen TVs), or a dedicated headphone output in some desktop computers (requires Realtek ALC883 on-board sound-card).
How to configure:
1. Start SoftXpand, click "Configure".
2. Select the speaker icons, right-click "Detect" to play a test tone through the specific device - see below:
3. Drag and drop the speaker icons to the proper workstation.
4. To apply configuration changes, close SoftXpand and log-off both workstations, then log-on again.
Troubleshooting audio problems:
If you have applied the steps described above and there is no sound, follow these steps:
1. Start SoftXpand, click "Disable", computer will reboot.
2. After reboot, go to Windows Device-Manager, right click the sound-card icons and "Disable", then "Enable".
3. Start SoftXpand, click "Enable", computer will reboot again.