- SoftXpand does not only SAVE you cash, now it EARNS you cash!
- SoftXpand as gaming and entertainment center in Kingston, Jamaica
- Multi-Seat gaming: HowTo
- SoftXpand @ Home: the ultimate tool for gamer-couples
- SoftXpand @ Home: story of Cody from USA
- No more kids fighting over the computer - the story of Yair @ MiniFrame
- SoftXpand at home: the story of Miguel from Mexico
- SoftXpand for Home Users
"We basically do development for the web and our preferred tools are Netbeans IDE, Phonegap for developing mobile applications, Chrome Developer tools and Firebug. As the company was growing and we were employing more people,our hardware and maintenance costs were going higher. Last year, we discovered SoftXpand and in first glance, it seemed too good to be true. Excitedly, we purchased a 4-seat licence for Windows 7 64-bit to see how it worked."
We were pleasantly surprised when we were able to put a full development team of 4 persons on a single computer (Phenom-II X4) using SoftXpand whereas it was being used by only 1 developer before. We only needed to add monitors, keyboards, mice and 4GB of RAM (now it is 8GB of RAM).
We ended up purchasing more SoftXpand 4-seat licences and now 3 of our computers are being used by 12 developers. In fact, I am also using SoftXpand Duo at home as well.
Our system administrator has been a happy person since - he now has to maintain 9 less computers (3 instead of earlier 12) and cannot stop telling others about SoftXpand. Our electricity bills are lower and our software configurations of more consistent.
Version 1.2 of the software is even better allowing intelligent defaults and multiple virtual IPs making them even more suitable for a development setup and I was overjoyed upon discovering that it is a free upgrade from version 1.1.
our system spec is as follows:
- Quad Core Phenom-II X4 3.2 GHz, 8 GB of RAM.
- Nvidia 210 (1GB Ram) video-cards."