- Multi-Seat gaming: HowTo
- SoftXpand does not only SAVE you cash, now it EARNS you cash!
- SoftXpand @ Home: the ultimate tool for gamer-couples
- SoftXpand @ Home: story of Cody from USA
- No more kids fighting over the computer - the story of Yair @ MiniFrame
- SoftXpand at home: the story of Miguel from Mexico
- SoftXpand for Home Users
A construction-engineering firm from S.Korea has implemented SoftXpand 2011 for high-end 3D-CAD workstations:
Most 3D-CAD softwares require high-end computer hardware: powerful CPU, large memory and high-end graphics-cards. This means high cost of purchasing, high power consumption and high cost of ownership.
Thanks to SoftXpand, this engineering firm based in Seoul, Korea, managed to allocate one powerful computer per 4 CAD users.
This move has resulted in significant cost reduction - by reducing the number of required computers. Same goes for maintenence cost - less computers to maintain, less energy requirement. In general, this means reduced TCO - Total Cost of Ownership.
HP Workstation Z800
CPU : INTEL Xeon Quad Core W5580 3.2Ghz
RAM: 32GB (4 X 8GB DDR3 REG)
Video Card: Nvidia Quadro 600 X 4
HDD: OCZ Vertex4 128Gb, 1TB SATA 2EA
Monitor: 21.5" LG E2251VQ-BN
USB hub per each workstation.